Friday, January 11, 2013

The Resurrection of the Windshield Wipers


It has been nearly two months since the windshield wipers on my truck decided to give up on life and lay obstinate and useless upon the dashboard. This little inconvenience of not being able to see when one drives in rain or snow has been something of a nuisance for a while now. And the deep misfortune of restricted transportation has produced in me great feelings of lamentation and ingratitude. Why should I have to drive a vehicle that is 100 years old and constantly breaking down? Why is life so miserably unfair that I should have to alter my precious plans to accommodate something so unthinkable as a life problem? Honestly.

All of the sudden, the windshield wipers on my truck railed together their spirits and decide (at least for the time) to renew their efforts at life. Their spunk might be a little overcompensating for they only work on “Off” and “High.” And to shut them off at just the right moment, at such a speed, is of no challenge for me, for years of playing video games has prepared me for just this moment in time.

It is raining today and as I hopped in my truck to grab a coffee, it hardly crossed my mind that there was a time when my wipers would have stopped me from such a venture. I had jumped already onto the next big worry in my life and was fully occupied in the despair of that problem when I almost crashed into a red car. Such near life disasters always makes one stop and think: My own ingratitude is astounding. Life is filled with so many little blessings and through littleness of person such blessings are completely looked over.

I should be grateful that I even have a vehicle! I should be grateful I have a job and a family and joyful things to do with my life. How is that one can spend so much wasteful energy despairing over little things and totally miss the huge amazingness of life? There is so much to be happy about yet it is so easily obscured by these loud, noise clouds of useless worry.

I for one need constant reminding of this. For such cares are the death of life. It’s rainy today, but I can go where I please. Life moves on and new joys are still to be unwrapped each day. Live it to the fullest and give thanks for it every day, for the way you live today is the way you live your life!

“To live is the rarest thing in the world. Most people exist, that is all.”

~Oscar Wilde

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...